▶Economically Active Population Survey in September 2018
1. Economically active population and labor force participation rate
- The economically active population marked 28,079 thousand in September, which grew 137 thousand persons or 0.5 percent year-on-year.
- The labor force participation rate stood at 63.5 percent in September, remaining the same year-on-year.
2. Employed persons and employment-population ratio
- The number of employed persons totaled 27,055 thousand persons in September, which went up 45 thousand persons or 0.2 percent year-on-year.
- The employment-population ratio recorded 61.2 percent in September, down 0.2%p year-on-year.
3. Unemployed persons and unemployment rate
- The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,024 thousand people in September, which increased 92 thousand persons or 9.9 percent year-on-year.
- The unemployment rate marked 3.6 percent in September, up 0.3%p year-on-year.
4. Economically inactive population
- The economically inactive population totaled 16,158 thousand people in September, increasing 114 thousand persons or 0.7 percent year-on-year.
(Source: Statistics Korea, 12/10/2018)
[ⓒ Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]