▶Economically Active Population Survey in August 2018
1. Economically active population and labor force participation rate
- The economically active population marked 28,039 thousand in August, which grew 136 thousand persons or 0.5 percent year-on-year.
- The labor force participation rate stood at 63.4 percent in August, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
2. Employed persons and employment-population ratio
- The number of employed persons totaled 26,907 thousand persons in August, which went up 3 thousand persons or 0.0 percent year-on-year.- The employment-population ratio recorded 60.9 percent in August, down 0.3%p year-on-year.
3. Unemployed persons and unemployment rate
- The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,133 thousand people in August, which increased 134 thousand persons or 13.4 percent year-on-year.
- The unemployment rate marked 4.0 percent in August, up 0.4%p year-on-year.
4. Economically inactive population
- The economically inactive population totaled 16,172 thousand people in August, increasing 108 thousand persons or 0.7 percent year-on-year.
(Source: Statistics Korea, 13/09/2018)
[ⓒ Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]