▶Balance of Payments during July 2018 (preliminary)
1. During July 2018 the Korean current account registered a surplus of 8.76 billion dollars.
- The goods account showed a 11.43 billion dollar surplus, higher than the surplus of 10.59 billion dollars in July of last year.
- The services account deficit was 3.12 billion dollars, down from its figure of 3.29 billion dollars one year before in line with an improvement in the travel account.
- The primary income account surplus had widened to 1.22 billion dollars, compared to 0.68 billion dollars one year earlier, owing to an improvement in the interest income account.
- The secondary income account showed a 0.77 billion dollar deficit.
2. Looking at the financial account, net assets expanded by 10.46 billion dollars during July.
- Direct investment assets grew by 2.67 billion dollars, and direct investment liabilities by 0.41 billion dollars.
- There was a 1.52 billion dollar increase in portfolio investment assets during the month, and a 4.73 billion dollar rise in portfolio investment liabilities.
- Financial derivatives posted a net increase of 1.09 billion dollars.
- In terms of other investment, there was an expansion of 8.50 billion dollars in assets and a decline of 0.33 billion dollars in liabilities.
- Reserve assets increased by 1.49 billion dollars.
(Source: The Bank of Korea, 06/09/2018)
[ⓒ Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]