▶Economically Active Population Survey in June 2018
1. Economically active population and labor force participation rate
- The economically active population marked 28,161 thousand in June, which grew 80 thousand persons or 0.3 percent year-on-year.
- The labor force participation rate stood at 63.8 percent in June, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
2. Employed persons and employment-population ratio
- The number of employed persons totaled 27,126 thousand persons in June, which went up 106 thousand persons or 0.4 percent year-on-year.
- The employment-population ratio recorded 61.4 percent in June, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
3. Unemployed persons and unemployment rate
- The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,034 thousand people in June, which decreased 26 thousand persons or 2.5 percent year-on-year.
- The unemployment rate marked 3.7 percent in June, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
4. Economically inactive population
- The economically inactive population totaled 16,000 thousand people in June, increasing 156 thousand persons or 1.0 percent year-on-year.
(Source: Statistics Korea, 11/07/2018)
[ⓒ Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]