▶Balance of Payments during April 2018(preliminary)
1. During April 2018 the Korean current account registered a surplus of 1.77 billion dollars.
- The goods account surplus narrowed to 10.36 billion dollars, compared to its 11.54 billion dollar figure in April of 2017.
- The services account deficit narrowed to 1.98 billion dollars, from 2.42 billion dollars one year earlier, owing to an improvement in the travel account.
- The primary income account deficit widened from 4.92 billion dollars the year before to 5.86 billion dollars in April 2018, in line with an increase in the payments on equity account.
- The secondary income account showed a 0.75 billion dollar deficit.
2. Looking at the financial account, net assets expanded by 0.01 billion dollars during April.
- Direct investment assets grew by 2.14 billion dollars, and direct investment liabilities by 0.26 billion dollars.
- There was a 4.71 billion dollar increase in portfolio investment assets during the month, and a 0.77 billion dollar increase in portfolio investment liabilities.
- Financial derivatives posted a net contraction of 0.75 billion dollars.
- In terms of other investment, there was a decline of 4.38 billion dollars in assets and an increase of 3.80 billion dollars in liabilities.
- Reserve assets expanded by 3.12 billion dollars.
(Source: The Bank of Korea, 05/06/2018)
[ⓒ Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]