▶Balance of Payments during February 2018(preliminary)
1. During February 2018 the Korean current account registered a surplus of 4.03 billion dollars.
- The goods account surplus narrowed to 5.99 billion dollars, compared to the 10.22 billion dollar surplus in February of 2017.
- The services account deficit expanded to 2.66 billion dollars, from 2.21 billion dollars in February last year, led by the deficit in the travel account for example.
- The primary income account surplus widened from 0.72 billion dollars one year earlier to 1.28 billion dollars in February 2018, in line with an increase in the income on equity account.
- The secondary income account showed a 0.58 billion dollar deficit.
2. In the financial account there was a 4.21 billion dollar increase in net assets in February.
- Direct investment assets grew by 1.20 billion dollars, and direct investment liabilities by 0.87 billion dollars.
- There was a 6.54 billion dollar rise in portfolio investment assets during the month, and a 2.63 billion dollar decline in portfolio investment liabilities.
- Financial derivatives posted a net contraction of 0.86 billion dollars.
- In terms of other investment, there was a decrease of 2.91 billion dollars in assets and an increase of 1.67 billion dollars in liabilities.
- Reserve assets expanded by 0.16 billion dollars.
(Source: The Bank of Korea, 05/04/2018)
[ⓒ Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]