▶Economically Active Population Survey in April 2018
1. Economically active population and labor force participation rate
- The economically active population marked 28,029 thousand in April, which grew 117 thousand persons or 0.4 percent year-on-year.
- The labor force participation rate stood at 63.5 percent in April, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
2. Employed persons and employment-population ratio
- The number of employed persons totaled 26,868 thousand persons in April, which went up 123 thousand persons or 0.5 percent year-on-year.
- The employment-population ratio recorded 60.9 percent in April, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
3. Unemployed persons and unemployment rate
- The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,161 thousand people in April, which decreased 6 thousand persons or 0.5 percent year-on-year.
- The unemployment rate marked 4.1 percent in April, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
4. Economically inactive population
- The economically inactive population totaled 16,093 thousand people in April, increasing 134 thousand persons or 0.8 percent year-on-year.
(Source: Statistics Korea, 16/05/2018)
[ⓒ Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]