▶Economically Active Population Survey in March 2018
1. Economically active population and labor force participation rate
- The economically active population marked 27,811 thousand in March, which grew 232 thousand persons or 0.8 percent year-on-year.
- The labor force participation rate stood at 63.1 percent in March, up 0.2%p year-on-year.
2. Employed persons and employment-population ratio
- The number of employed persons totaled 26,555 thousand persons in March, which went up 112 thousand persons or 0.4 percent year-on-year.
- The employment-population ratio recorded 60.2 percent in March, down 0.1%p year-on-year.
3. Unemployed persons and unemployment rate
- The number of unemployed persons totaled 1,257 thousand people in March, which increased 120 thousand persons or 10.6 percent year-on-year.
- The unemployment rate marked 4.5 percent in March, up 0.4%p year-on-year.
4. Economically inactive population
- The economically inactive population totaled 16,289 thousand people in March, increasing 22 thousand persons or 0.1 percent year-on-year.
(Source: Statistics Korea, 11/04/2018)
[ⓒ Pulse by Maeil Business News Korea & mk.co.kr, All rights reserved]